Maintaining your heating system should be your first priority as we enter a new year. 2016 may be coming to an end, but the low outdoor temperatures certainly won’t. In fact, we have some of the coldest, snowiest weather still to come, so you need to make sure your heating system is ready to protect you through all of it. The last thing you want to experience at the start of 2017 is a heating system breakdown and without any maintenance, it may just happen to you. With that in mind, now is a better time than ever to make resolutions. Sure, maybe making resolutions is not your thing but with your heating system, it’s always beneficial to set a few goals. If not, this winter may turn out to be one of your most miserable to date. You may find yourself worrying over frequent heating system breakdowns that will cost you more on repair and maintenance bills. Beyond that, you may also risk turning your heating system into a giant safety hazard, especially when it can heighten your chances of experiencing a home heating fire and carbon monoxide exposure. You may even need to spend thousands of dollars on furnace replacement. Don’t allow any of these issues become a reality this year, and instead get to work in making those resolutions as soon as possible. It can mean all the difference in how you enjoy the next 12 months.
Calling Jones Services for High-Quality Heating Service
Jones Services is available to provide you with excellent heating service this winter, and all you need to do is send a phone call our way. We have a wide range of heating services including repair, installation, replacement, and more. Our heating service professionals can also provide an annual furnace tune-up designed to keep your system issue-free and ready to provide high-quality heat for years. When you do set up those resolutions, we can make sure you stick with them throughout the year so you can experience a steady flow warm air whenever you need it. With our help, you can experience benefits like lower spending on energy and repair bills due to less frequent system breakdowns. Resolutions with your home heating aren’t ones that go away within a matter of weeks; they ensure you stay comfortable year-round. Once you know your family is kept comfortable, you will be able to relax so much more, even during the worst winter weather.
5 New Year’s Heating Resolutions
While two sets of resolutions will be alike simply due to varying heating needs, we at Jones Services definitely recommend you add these 5 to the list:
- I will call for an annual furnace tune-up: Now here’s one simple promise you can make. It is highly recommended you call for a furnace tune-up once year. While it should ideally be done right before winter begins, you need to get it done immediately if you have yet to do so. A close inspection of your system from a service professional at Jones Services will ensure any problems will be fixed that would otherwise come back to haunt you later in the year. A tune-up generally includes: checking the system for fuel leaks, checking the blower access door, inspecting the heat exchanger, cleaning the inside of the furnace, etc.
- I will check the furnace’s pilot light: Safety is of the utmost importance when maintaining your heating system, especially when it comes to checking the furnace’s pilot light. The pilot light should be lit at all times and always be blue (which will indicates a steady balance of gasses). It is highly concerning if the pilot light is yellow, which indicates carbon monoxide is present within the home.
- I will change furnace filters: You should develop a routine in changing your furnace filters monthly. Filters become blocked by dirt and debris, which can be detrimental to the overall airflow and efficiency of the system. Changing them monthly will result in a more efficient system and help you save so much more money on energy bills.
- I will upgrade energy-efficient heating technology: With energy-efficient technology, your family will experience reduced energy bills and increased efficiency and safety. Not to mention, new heating systems work quieter and last longer than older systems. Some gas furnaces today now boast an AFUE rating of 98.5%.
- I will check for signs of carbon monoxide: Carbon monoxide is a deadly yet odorless gas. While it’s essentially invisible, there are still some ways you can detect it in your home. Please equip your home with a carbon monoxide detector, which will alert you as soon as possible if the gas is present in your home. Be sure to check the batteries annually, and have a certified service professional check your home professionally at least once a year, too.
Year 2017 is full of surprises and around April Nokia Android Cell Phones you may expect this phone to hit the market
Enjoy The Comfort Of Your Home’s Heating System – Schedule Your Heating Services Today
Contact Jones Services today if you want to learn more on how you can start 2017 the right way with your heating system