Tankless Water Heaters
Did you know that traditional water heaters rely on technology that is over 100-years old? That’s why it’s time to upgrade to a tankless heater if you haven’t already!
Tankless water heaters are quickly finding their way into homes worldwide because they have surpassed conventional water heaters in every way imaginable.
Tankless Water Heaters…
- Provide endless hot water!
- Provide cleaner water!
- Are less likely to leak than conventional tank heaters!
- Have a manufacturer’s warranty of 12 years!
- Have a lifespan of over 20 years!
Examining the Technology Behind Tankless Units
At the end of the day, it is the technology behind tankless water heating units that makes them more effective than conventional water heaters.
Are you aware that conventional water heaters burn fuel 24 hours a day, even when you’re not at home? Tankless water heaters are often referred to as “on-demand” units because, with them, water is heated only when you request it. This means tankless water heaters only burn fuel intermittently, heating up whenever you’re ready to take a hot shower.
In order to get you that warm shower exactly when you want it, a tankless water heater uses what is known as a heat exchanger to raise the temperature. The heat exchanger is activated by the incoming flow of water. When one goes to turn on the hot water from his or her faucet, the incoming water circulates through the activated heat exchanger. The heat exchanger then heats the cold water to the temperature that the user has set it to.
Why Going Tankless Water Heater is Your Best Option
- Save money: Tired of paying expensive gas and electric bills that come from using a conventional heating unit? A typical family who has a tankless water heater installed in their home saves more than $100 per year in gas bills compared to a family who uses a standard water heating system. Larger families can save even more than this.
- Save energy: The “on-demand” function of tankless water heaters means that the heaters aren’t an energy consumption liability. With tankless water heaters being up to 96% efficient (conventional tanks have an efficiency rate of 60-65%), you’ll be able to drastically reduce the high levels of energy and water typically consumed by their conventional counterparts.
- Unlimited hot water: Fed up with having to take cold showers after someone in your home has used up all of the hot water? Well, tankless water heaters have an endless supply of hot water, so that never has to happen again!
- Save space: A tankless water heater is easily mountable on walls, as well as outside your home. Also, unlike conventional water heaters, many smaller tankless units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
- Longevity: Unlike traditional water heaters that have an average lifespan of 8 to 12 years, tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of more than 20 years.
- Little to no leaks: When a traditional water heater leaks or fails, it can damage and flood your home with tens of gallons of water. You will have peace of mind knowing that if, for any reason, a tankless water heater were to fail, it would only leave behind less than one gallon of water damage. Because tankless water heaters are, in fact, tankless, there’s a slim possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank.
To learn more about tankless water heaters, or to have one installed into your home, give Jones Services a call today!