Whether you are a seasoned homeowner your you just bought your first property, it’s important that you keep an eye on your plumbing. Keeping your plumbing in good working order is essential in maintaining a healthy living environment for you and your family. Any sewer that is damaged or worn can result in all sorts of negative effects that can certainly disrupt your home life. When your sewage system is impaired, it will affect the flow of your water and put a dent in your wallet in the process with heightened utility bills.
At Jones Services, we have over 30 years of experience in plumbing and sewer services in the tri-state area. We offer top of the line services that are guaranteed to restore your plumbing function and efficiency. If your home is in need of sewer repair services, call our team of experienced professionals today.
Signs That You Need Sewer Repair
- Slow draining. If you notice that the water in your sinks, toilets, and bathtub aren’t draining as quickly as they should, you may need sewer repair. This could be a sign of a clogged pipe, which can usually be fixed with drain cleaning. If the problem persists, the clog is likely located deeper within your system. These deep clogs can be caused by a variety of things, like tree roots, foreign objects, or damaged piping.
- Low water pressure. In order to work properly, your plumbing needs to have an adequate water supply in order to work properly. If the water pressure drops, it can negatively impact its function. If your showers have been slacking or your faucets are dribbling out water, it may be time for sewer repair.
- High utility bills. If your sewer line needs repairs, you may notice that your water bill suddenly skyrockets out of nowhere. If you have a leak somewhere in your system, that wastewater may be costing you extra.
- Pools of septic water. If it’s damaged, your sewer line can cause a leak just about anywhere in your plumbing system. If you notice pools of septic water in or outside of your home, it’s a telltale sign of a major issue. Call a plumber right away.
- Strange noises. Any loud gurgles are a sign that there may be air trapped somewhere along your plumbing. Air can often become trapped due to a leak or fault in the sewer line.
- Strange odors. A properly functioning sewer line should always be sealed, meaning that nothing should ever leak out. If you start to smell strong, unpleasant odors coming out of the drains in your home, you should call a professional to check it out to locate the problem.
- Foundation cracks. A damaged sewer can cause damage to your foundation if it isn’t dealt with right away. This isn’t as likely as the other signs, but you should keep an eye out for any structural damage.
- Lush patches of greenery. Does one part of your lawn look especially lush and green? If so, you may have sewer damage or a leak underneath.
Don’t wait for the problem to escalate. Call Jones Services for sewer repair.