Water quality is a very important aspect of your home. You use your water multiple times a day – from drinking to cleaning. There are several things that could cause your water quality to lessen, but no matter the issue, If you aren’t sure about the quality of your water, or you suspect that something may be off about it, call Jones Services today. We offer a range of water treatment services that will give you peace of mind knowing that your water is safe! Here are some ways that your water can become negatively affected:
Hard water is water that has high levels of calcium and magnesium in it. It occurs in most of the country, but different areas vary in their content. Here are just some of the problems that hard water can cause:
- Cloudy dishes, glasses, and silverware after running the dishwasher
- Murky, grimy laundry — even after using laundry softener
- Dry, itchy and flaky skin
- Brittle nails and hair
You can fix hard water problems by installing a whole home water softener on the water main where your water enters your pipe system. This removes excess minerals so the water attains normal, healthy levels. You’ll immediately notice a difference in your glassware and dishes, and you’ll start to notice that your skin, hair, and nails will become healthier within a couple of weeks.
A Buildup of Residue Inside the Pipes
If you have an old plumbing system, then you might have a problem with a buildup of residue inside the pipes. If so, then the water in the pipes may be murky or even have an unpleasant odor and taste. It’s also unhealthy because the residue is organic and contains bacteria that can be harmful to your health. Luckily, residue buildup is relatively easy to solve with pipe cleaning. Your plumber can use water jetting to force clogs or blockages through the pipes. The water dislodges any residue, leaving the pipes clean so that they can transport water without compromising its quality.
Some older homes still have lead pipes, and this is a serious health hazard. Numerous studies have shown that lead piping leaches lead into the water. This is especially dangerous for children, who can suffer developmental problems as a result of lead poisoning. If your home still has lead pipes, you need to replace them as soon as possible.
Over time, water pipes can corrode on the inside. You’ll notice that your water will become rust-colored — this is due to rust particles. The good news is that corrosion doesn’t necessarily have to be throughout your piping system. A good plumber will be able to inspect your pipes and inform you about what parts of your piping system need to be replaced in order to resolve the issue. Once the corroded pipes are removed, your water quality will greatly improve.
How Jones Services Can Help
We can perform a range of services that can help boost your water quality. Because access to clean water is so important for you, your family, and your plumbing, our treatments will be able to safely restore it. We offer:
- Water softeners. These are used to combat hard water in your home. Typically in the form of a tank that’s installed somewhere along your plumbing, these sanitation systems detect and combat an abundance of minerals present in your water.
- Water treatment. These systems not only treat hard water, they kill bacteria and other harmful contaminants. This guarantees you clean and safe drinking water throughout your home.
- Water purification. For safe water coming straight from your tap, you should consider water purification. Raw, unprocessed water passes through a system that filters out impurities and washes them away down the drain.
If you have concerns about your water quality, call Jones Services today.